When it comes to technology, many children probably know more than their parents! It is quite easy to be able to surf the internet, listen to music and text friends, but you need to know how to be safe when you are doing all these things.
Below are some tips about how you can stay safe:
- Don’t tell strangers where you live, your phone number or where you go to school. Only your friends and family need to know that.
- Don’t send pictures to people you don’t know. You don’t want strangers looking at photos of you, your friends or your family.
- Tell a grown up if you feel scared or unhappy about anything.
- Ask a grown up to help you put the Hector’s World Safety Button on your computer. This will mean you can press it if anything makes you scared or unhappy, and it will go away.
- Don’t say anything unkind even if you disagree with something someone else has said.
Childline – You can also call Childline on: 0800 1111 to talk to someone who can help.